Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Random Happiness

So, January, for me and for a lot of people, is a downer month.  This January in particular, I felt blah.  This past December had a lot more going on than most months...well, really from like Dec. 13th on.  I directed our children's Christmas musical at church on Dec. 20, so the whole week before was pretty focused on that.  Then, we had family in town from December 19-January 4.  It was wonderful and I wouldn't trade any of the chaos for anything. 

SIDE NOTE:
You know, the word chaos has such a negative connotation to it...I don't know why that is.  At least for me, I tend to thrive, or feel more alive, in the chaos.  I was watching TLC's "A Baby Story" the other day and this new mom on there really got me thinking.  She said, "Our lives, right now, are chaos, but my chaos is beautiful and I wouldn't trade it for anything."  I totally feel the same.  Many people look at my life and think (and feel the need to tell me) how they couldn't live my life.  It seems like they are saying that with a negative undertone, and I think it all goes back to how we define chaos.  For me, at least, I'm going to live defining my chaos as beautiful.

So, I think the fact that we had two weeks of super-sized fun helped lead to this year's extreme blahs. So to start February and kick those blahs away, I'm going to list some random things that make me happy -- this list will not include important things, like God or my family -- just the randoms.

1.  Leaving the house the same time as our neighbor to take our kids to school and planning which way to take so I can beat them, followed by actually winning.

2.  Going out to eat -- anywhere -- doesn't matter where or when, I'm there!

3.  My Pandora station -- Glee Cast mixed with NSYNC and Jesse McCartney -- I HIGHLY suggest it!

4.  Baths -- more specifically, baths taken without my children trying to climb in.

5.  Diet Coke out of a fountain

6.  Being able to watch TV shows on the computer.  (We got rid of our DVR - boo!!)

7.  Movies that TBS and TNT play over and over -- my favorite being "30 Going on 13"....would watch it every time it's on.

8.  Having my favorite pair of jeans clean.

9.  The automatic car wash with the free vacuums

10.  Taking walks on our town's paths that go through the woods and all around town.

11.  Traveling -- and all that's included in it -- flying, driving, hotels, exploring, relaxing, etc.

12.  Facebook and Skype

13.  Finding good deals at Name Brand Clothing --  it's the best store full of real stores discards, so you really have to look carefully at stuff to make sure it's not ripped or the zipper works, stuff like that, but for the two family weddings we had this past summer, I got really fancy dresses with nothing wrong with them for $30, that full price in a department store would have been $350

14.  Getting the $10 bag of Tyson frozen chicken tenderloins for $6 -- thank you WalMart for your quarterly sale!

15.  The face of the kids at Bubba's school when I say hi to them by name and how happy that makes them.

16.  Rollercoasters

17.  Having a mind full of dumb things that there is no need to know, but being able to use them when necessary.  Example: T.Hubs and I watching TV -- T.Hubs = "Where do I know that girl from?"  Me = "She was Zack's biker girlfriend on Saved by the Bell"

18.   Cleaning out my kid's ears -- a gross one, I know, but you can not imagine the amounts of ear wax those little bodies produce

19.  Filling out forms, any kind -- Can't wait for the Census!  Loved filling out the 4 page ACT form!

20.  Paper Napkins for different holidays --  Already got mine for Valentine's Day!


Do any of these things make you happy??  Are you in a down mood?  Make your own list!!  I could go on and on, but gymnastics class is calling, so I'll stop with 20!  Have a great day!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment